icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Sign In

Register using your Facebook, Gmail or Twitter account.
Sign in
Forgotten your password?

AFC Bournemouth U18s vs Hull City at Stadion.Core.ViewModels.Matchday.LocationViewModel


AFC Bournemouth U18s

, Thacker (og) 10 , Anthony 75 , Scrimshaw 89

Hull City

FT 8th December 2017 6:30 PM
Vitality Stadium

Cherries get past Tigers in FA Youth Cup

AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth


AFC Bournemouth into the next round of the FA Youth Cup after win over Hull City at Vitality.

The Cherries took the lead through an early own goal, a lead they held to the break despite both teams creating further opportunities.

Jaidon Anthony made it two for the home side with 15 minutes remaining, before a counter allowed Jake Scrimshaw to make it three; Bournemouth earning their win and passage in the FA Youth Cup from a hard-fought match with the Tigers.   

The away side started brightly with Mason Wilson-Rhiney blasting over Will Dennis' angle from 14 yards with three minutes of the start.

However, the Cherries were soon growing into the encounter and had the lead through slightly fortunate circumstances in the tenth minute.

Some speedy passing around the box set Connal Morrison into space wide left, the full-back played a low ball powerfully into the six yard box, where it ricocheted home off Tigers skipper Josh Thacker.

Bournemouth captain Sam Sherring forced Hull 'keeper Harrison Foulkes into a fine reaction stop, before at the other end Billy Chadwick brought a full-length save out of Will Dennis in the Cherries' net.

A good ball fed down the right wing allowed Charlie Seaman to smartly cut back inside and find Ryan Glover who swung his effort marginally over. 

Dennis was again impressive as he produced a flying save to tip wide a terrific Brandon Fleming free-kick, the match remaining finely poised on the run in to half time.

Centre-back Sherring headed a set piece wide when, unmarked, he would have expected to find the target, while Will Pope curved an effort over after cutting into the box.

Hull's number ten Keane Lewis-Potter had a try from 30 yards, with Dennis once more needing to be alert to catch and hold the effort, the Cherries holding their slender lead into the interval.

The second half got under way in continued still but cold conditions at Vitality Stadium, and while Hull were the main aggressors Bournemouth threatened when James Boote hoisted an effort over the bar from 20 yards out.

Anthony similarly struck from distance for the hosts, Foulkes making a decent save to tip round the post. The Cherries striker then showed his class to surge forwards, cut past his defender - but his shot was blocked.

The lead could have been doubled when a good Bournemouth move saw Boote square for Pope, lunging the home striker got there first but his stretched finished rolled the wrong side of the upright.

The search for a second was well and truly on and Pope again was presented with a chance after a defensive header fell into his path, however the striker couldn't find the target from 12 yards.

It was finally 2-0 on 75 minutes when Anthony deservedly notched from the edge of the box. His footwork created the room to shoot and it seemed a slight nick off a defender to loop up and over the Hull 'keeper.

A third Cherries strike followed late on as on the counter Seaman broke free before generously squaring for substitute Scrimshaw to sweep home from close in.

Breaking News