icon_corner icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red icon_save icon_start_stop icon_sub icon_card_yellow accessibility icon account-off icon account-on icon arrow-left icon arrow-right icon attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon Combined Shape Created with Sketch. cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon giphy icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon lock icon messenger icon padlock icon Svg Vector Icons : http://www.onlinewebfonts.com/icon Panel Created with Sketch. Pattern Created with Sketch. pinterest icon Icon_PlayButton Created with Sketch. plus-thin icon plus icon Created with Sketch. Created with Sketch. search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Sign In

Register using your Facebook, Gmail or Twitter account.
Sign in
Forgotten your password?

Leicester City vs AFC Bournemouth at Stadion.Core.ViewModels.Matchday.LocationViewModel


Leicester City

, Riyad Mahrez ‘97'

AFC Bournemouth

, Joshua King ‘35' (Pen)
FT 3rd March 2018 3:00 PM
King Power Stadium
Sponsored by M88

Cherries pulled level at the last by Leicester

AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth

Lee Probert

AFC Bournemouth couldn't hold on as Leicester City scored in the closing seconds of a 1-1 draw at the King Power Stadium.

The Cherries played well and created numerous chances in the first half, Joshua King giving the visitors a deserved lead ten minutes before the break, converting a penalty he had won himself.

Leicester piled on the pressure as the second half wore on, but Bournemouth defended bravely and seemed to have secured their result. That was until Riyad Mahrez snatched a share of the spoils through a last-gasp freekick deep into added time.

Adam Smith came into the starting line-up in Eddie Howe's one change, while Jordon Ibe and Marc Pugh missed out on the squad after picking up late injuries.

Conditions were much improved by kick-off in the East Midlands following the snowy late-week deluge across the country.

An energetic opening revealed few opportunities at either end, though Junior Stanislas tested Kasper Schmeichel's handling with a bouncing shot 11 minutes in.

Adrien Silva fired high for the hosts before Riyad Mahrez had a much better chance, being played in on goal and, despite Nathan Ake's desperate tracking, having only the 'keeper to beat. However, Asmir Begovic stayed on his feet and batted away the Algerian's effort.

King won the ball back on halfway and immediately drove forwards. The defenders closed in as he reached the box and the attacker stabbed well wide.

Stanislas traded passes with Charlie Daniels down the left, the wing-back squaring back for Bournemouth's number 19 who sliced the great chance wide from ten yards.

The Cherries chances kept coming, Stanislas now playing across the box for King, this time the Norwegian stretched back to get his shot away, but it was comfortable for Schmeichel.

Harry Maguire saw his header saved by Begovic, but within a couple of minutes the Cherries were given a huge chance when Marc Albrighton felled King in the box.

King himself picked up the ball and took responsibility for the penalty kick, the Norwegian stroking the ball low and to the right of Schmeichel to give the Cherries the lead.

Mahrez scuffed in a 25-yard shot that was saved by Begovic, but the Cherries were able to take their deserved advantage into the half time break at the King Power.

Into the second period and the Cherries had another big call for a penalty, Daniels rushing into the area and seemingly pushed over two-handed by Wilfred Ndidi, but referee Lee Probert didn't spot the infringement.

The away side were showing the greater composure and Stanislas would feel he could have tested the 'keeper when the ball dropped into his path in the area.

At the other end Vardy peeled wide left for the Foxes, his cross diverted to the edge of the box by Steve Cook but only for Ben Chilwell to run onto, Cook recovered however and brilliantly blocked the shot over the bar.

The home side were beginning to dominate, Wes Morgan heading Mahrez's set up over the bar.

Adam Smith twice put his body on the line midway through the half, the Cherries hanging onto their lead as Vardy swirled an effort wastefully over.

Maguire caused peril in the Cherries box, the defender blasting in a shot that was blocked on the line, Maguire there to again fire in, this time substitute Kelechi Iheanacho backheeling from three yards, but diverting the ball desperately wide.

Andrew Surman replaced Callum Wilson with 15 minutes to go, Howe looking to stabilise his side going into the final stretch.

The defending was getting frantic for the away side, Mahrez's close-range shot stunningly blocked by Dan Gosling, the led maintained into the final few minutes. 

Vardy was blocked right on the goal line as Cherries bodies scrambled to protect the slender lead, skipper Simon Francis getting a boot to the face into injury time.

Nathan Ake headed away in the six yard box with the seconds ticking away, but with virtually the final kick of the game Mahrez wrestled the Foxes level.

A freekick 30 yards from goal gave the home side one final chance and Leicester's star man swerved the ball home brilliantly to steal away a result the visiting side thought they had secured.



Breaking News