AFC Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for a talented IT Engineer to join our team.
This role is varied and challenging as we expand our operation to support the club's success.
The right candidate will be highly passionate about technology and innovation, motivated to deliver IT support to a Premier League club.
The role is full time, with regular working hours between 9am-5pm on Monday to Friday, plus matchday responsibilities at weekend or mid-week games.
The organisation is based across three sites, so your own vehicle and driving license is a requirement.
Critical Purpose of Role
To provide quality remote and face-to-face IT support to the club staff and customers using a broad range of systems and solutions.
Key Performance Indicators...
- Fault resolution time
- Logged and closed issues
- Uptime of essential IT services
- Evolving IT service delivery via automation
- Support approximately 250 users across three sites by diagnosing hardware/software/networking faults and solving technical problems, either remotely or face to face.
- Take ownership of reported IT issues by logging, prioritising and resolving to minimise interruption of services.
- Proactive maintenance of server and networking infrastructure using third party tools.
- Deploy and manage devices using cloud MDM solutions.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve reported issues.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of documentation for all IT systems.
- Support implementation of various IT and network projects and upgrades.
- Monitoring of IT security through anti-virus, email, firewall.
- Secure network systems and ensure compliance by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Analyse and report patterns of IT systems and infrastructure performance and usage.
- Monitoring daily backups.
- Liaising with third party providers to assist in all of the above.
- Assist in supporting physical security via use of CCTV, Access Control and associated documentation.
- Identifying and deploying upgrades of applications and hardware to end users.
- Responsible for the health and safety obligations as a member of staff and to adhere to equality policies and procedures
- Passionate and highly motivated to deliver great service and constantly improve their own skills and knowledge.
- Analytical, with strong decision-making skills who understands strategic implications.
- Able to work independently in a proactive manner.
- Logical, coherent and consistent in approach to solving day-to-day problems.
- Practical and task focused with strong attention for detail (starter/finisher).
- A creative thinker who applies solutions that benefit the club in an innovative way.
- Flexible in their approach, and is responsive, and actively contributes to change.
- A strong communicator who develops excellent customer relationships, understanding their needs, and maintaining a diplomatic and professional approach.
Experience of the following is essential...
- Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems including Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 10 operating system
- MacOS operating system
- iOS device deployment and management (DEP, VPP, MDM)
- Office 365 Administration
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure platform
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V)
- Active Directory
- Network Topology
- Deployments of hardware and software across 100+ users/devices
- Producing and maintaining documentation
- Supporting on-prem/hosted phone systems
Experience of the following would be preferred...
- Mobile Device Management (Intune)
- Understanding of routing (HP)
- Experience with firewalls (Watchguard)
- Knowledge of HP Networking and HP Wireless would be of benefit
- VEEAM Backup and Replication
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected] by 5pm on Monday 25th March.
Those who are successful in the next stage of the application process will be required to undertake a practical test.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants to this post will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service with Children’s Barring List Check.
AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).